Worshipping the Omnipresent

"Guys guys, Ganesh Chaturthi is coming. Now wherever I'll go, people will worship me. They will offer me bananas. They will vow in front of me and will ask me for blessings." Triumphed the mighty elephant.

"Chill dude! Soon after they will put you in chains. No offence dude, but you are too big. They will sit on you and will ask you to salute." commented the monkey king sardonically.

"O com'on you chip munk, can't you let me be happy with this?"

"He is not wrong and you know it." Consoled the cow. "Human does this with all of us. They consider me as the holy animal. But once I'll stop giving them milk, they will left me to starve. Only thing left for us to feed upon is rotten stuff that too packed in polythene bags."

"True. I'm telling you, these humans cannot be loyal to anyone. I am their close relative. If you don't believe me, you can match faces. Only teeny tiny difference. Look! With me they are even worse. In temples they will worship me as Hanuman and outside, they will laugh at me. Throw stuff at me. Keep us hungry for the road show."

"Can you even do anything except jumping here and there?" mocked the snake.

"Huh! Like you can juggle and jump through fire rings."

"I give them my venom to make medicines." Announced snake proudly.

"And what they do is keep you thirsty for Naagpanchmi and make you dance on that silly been."

"Well..." snake meekly curled inside it's pit.

Conversation which started on a jolly note is now turned into a monotonous chat that let them all feel pity for themselves. "Can I say something?" asked the great banyan tree hesitantly.

Everyone turned toward him with a nod.

"There is no difference in how they treat us. First they shoveled us impulsively. The research says 15.3 billion trees are chopped down every year. It also estimates that 46% of the world's trees have been cleared over the past 12,000 years. Do you think it's respect? Burning some oil lamps and tying some thread around us does not pamper us. Our life is completely dedicated for their well being, yet after 6000 years of human civilization, we are grappling for our existence."

"Now when they realized what a huge mistake they have made, they are forcing us to grow anywhere they wish. Sure we can grow wherever we find land and water, but vegetables are no longer healthy, fruits are not that much tasty and even flowers have shun their aroma. Don't take me wrong, we have not done this on our will. It's the outcome of their own chemicals they are feeding us for years."

"They did the same with my river sister. She is the source of life on this planet and look what they have done to her."

"These humans need everyone to be multitasking bro." Interrupted money king sarcastically. "She was giving them pure water to survive, to thrive, but that is not enough for them. They used her for sanitation, washing clothes, dumping garbage and now for running clean river acts. Stupid creatures. Aren't they?"

"Brother banyan, we understand your grief. But don't be angry at these ignorant creatures. They need to be pitted. They don't know what they have already lost."

"That's true. Sure they are trying to revive, but can things get better now?"

"Let's hope things get better before it's too late."

"Let's hope. This time they find 'Godliness in Greenery' and worship what exactly deserve their devotion."

***************************************************************************

We as Indians are extremely bad at future plannings. We get carried away in emotions and heat of the moment and do stuff which requires a long planning.

A small example is our street roads. In a normal Indian town, they will build the road, then after a month or two they will dig it out to put some cables. After few months they will dig it again for water line repair, then we have to wait for next government to put another layer of tar on the existing one. 

Same we do on our festivals. We get so sentimental that we forget how much we are hampering the nature. Along with dumping non-biodegradable waste in our water bodies, such celebrations also promotes rough use of our energy resources. Promotes industries such as cracker and chemicals. 

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi
We forget that God is omnipresent. I'm not saying avoid putting pandals. But invest as much is required. If you truly wants him to listen to your prayers, worship the nature, respects the greenery it offers. Love it's creatures and consider everyone equal.

‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’


Comments

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Please leave the footprints, I would love to read your views :) "
( HTML Tags for link, bold, italic and similar can also be used )

Popular posts from this blog

An Untold Story

A page from my diary...

Letter to self...!!!