Sunday, 24 July 2016

Always wanted...

A parrot! A dazzling green and red parrot. I always wanted to be a parrot when I was 3. I just don't want to own it, but to be a parrot. Green and red being my favourite colours and statement from my mother that you could be anything you want, rooted this dream even harder. But pretty soon I released, it's not only impossible but implausible.

Soon I changed my ideology, got sensitive, observed people around and took a firm decision of becoming a home maker. Cause they can nap in the afternoon. And I don't have to rush anywhere, like my mother who is a working lady. I was so determined that I started to train myself from the very next day and perceived that a home maker has to cook and clean, wake and wash, bring and build, make and shake, give and take; and practice all the verbs in our grammar. (So do working but my mom always get some help, my granny never.) As a result I ascended on my journey to search for another wanted to be, where I met a lady doctor.





O yes! The glowing office, with those fancy  things, a white coat and stethoscope, through which I can clearly hear my heart beat all day long. Un-dauntingly, this is what I always wanted to be for next 10 minutes until she ordered nurse to suck blood out of my nerves. This time I was very close to choose my profession, but destiny was conspiring something else for me. 



Yes, now I'm in a age, where, "what you wanted to be?" should be answered in a profession. And my answers keep refashioning. I always wanted to be an air force fighter pilot (dropped because girls were not in combat roles in Indian air-force), a lawyer(they talk a-lot and I can talk a-lottt), a psychologist(very understanding people, I could have made a great psychologist) and a news anchor(for their fancy cum professional clothes). But someday this madness need to stop and my ambitions need to halt. So I asked, searched and re-searched and decided to be the first lady president of Republic India.

I don't want to blame anyone for my crushed dream, but yes Mrs. Patil is the culprit. May someday she want something badly and I will snatch it away from her. With a broken heart and PCM as my high school subjects I became a software engineer. But even today I'm looking for an answer to complete "I always wanted to be.....???" may be just "HAPPY" :)


“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” 


‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’


2 comments:

  1. Amazingly written, so many dreams so many ideas for "what do you want to be". And now only one answer but nobody asks the question.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are so confused on what to be at that age and then land into something you never dreamed of.Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

"Please leave the footprints, I would love to read your views :) "
( HTML Tags for link, bold, italic and similar can also be used )

Be kind to others, it will pay off...

Might be 65 or 70, she was carrying no bag and was wrapped in a  ‘dhooti’ . She already had asked for the metro token from two others stan...