Always wanted...

A parrot! A dazzling green and red parrot. I always wanted to be a parrot when I was 3. I just don't want to own it, but to be a parrot. Green and red being my favourite colours and statement from my mother that you could be anything you want, rooted this dream even harder. But pretty soon I released, it's not only impossible but implausible.

Soon I changed my ideology, got sensitive, observed people around and took a firm decision of becoming a home maker. Cause they can nap in the afternoon. And I don't have to rush anywhere, like my mother who is a working lady. I was so determined that I started to train myself from the very next day and perceived that a home maker has to cook and clean, wake and wash, bring and build, make and shake, give and take; and practice all the verbs in our grammar. (So do working but my mom always get some help, my granny never.) As a result I ascended on my journey to search for another wanted to be, where I met a lady doctor.





O yes! The glowing office, with those fancy  things, a white coat and stethoscope, through which I can clearly hear my heart beat all day long. Un-dauntingly, this is what I always wanted to be for next 10 minutes until she ordered nurse to suck blood out of my nerves. This time I was very close to choose my profession, but destiny was conspiring something else for me. 



Yes, now I'm in a age, where, "what you wanted to be?" should be answered in a profession. And my answers keep refashioning. I always wanted to be an air force fighter pilot (dropped because girls were not in combat roles in Indian air-force), a lawyer(they talk a-lot and I can talk a-lottt), a psychologist(very understanding people, I could have made a great psychologist) and a news anchor(for their fancy cum professional clothes). But someday this madness need to stop and my ambitions need to halt. So I asked, searched and re-searched and decided to be the first lady president of Republic India.

I don't want to blame anyone for my crushed dream, but yes Mrs. Patil is the culprit. May someday she want something badly and I will snatch it away from her. With a broken heart and PCM as my high school subjects I became a software engineer. But even today I'm looking for an answer to complete "I always wanted to be.....???" may be just "HAPPY" :)


“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” 


‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’


Comments

  1. Amazingly written, so many dreams so many ideas for "what do you want to be". And now only one answer but nobody asks the question.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are so confused on what to be at that age and then land into something you never dreamed of.Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Please leave the footprints, I would love to read your views :) "
( HTML Tags for link, bold, italic and similar can also be used )

Popular posts from this blog

An Untold Story

A page from my diary...

Letter to self...!!!